Electrical issues can pose many threats to your household. Beyond causing an inconvenience when you lose power, they can also pose risks of fires and other hazards. When you encounter an issue, it’s important to get help from a professional as soon as possible. Call Electric City for 24-hour services in the Cypress area. A family-owned business, we provide fast, dependable, and on-time services!
We offer the following electrical services - and more - to your area:
- 24-hour Services
- Circuit Breakers
- Electrical Panels
- Wiring Repair & Replacement
- ARC Protection
- GFCI Protection
- Indoor Lighting
- Outdoor Lighting
- Ceiling Fans & Chandeliers
- Whole House Generator Services
Our expert electricians provide quality and on-time services to our clients. Read our testimonials to see why our customers stand by our work.
Why a Tripped Circuit Breaker Requires Emergency Repairs
We’ve all been there -- you’re in the middle of warming up food in the microwave and the circuit breaker trips, cutting power to one area of your home or business. While this might seem like a simple problem, it can result in an electrical emergency. If you don’t know how to reset the tripped circuit it will require you to call a professional. You should also have an electrician determine what caused the circuit breaker to trip so he or she can repair the issue to avoid more serious damage to your home or business.
Signs Your GFCI Outlets Need to Be Replaced
Ground fault circuit interrupters (GFCI) are important outlets to have in your home or business to protect against electrical shocks. Because they are vital to your safety, it’s crucial to ensure these are functioning properly at all times. If you notice the following signs it can indicate you need to replace the outlets:
- Frequent tripping: If your outlet is tripping more than usual, you should test it to determine if it’s functioning properly. To do this, plug an item into the outlet and press the Test button. The item should turn off. Then press the Reset button. This should cause the device to turn back on. If it doesn’t, then the outlet is not functioning properly.
- Cracks or damage: If you notice any signs of damage or cracks, the outlets should be replaced. This can expose the wires, leading to potential electrical hazards.
- Plugs slide out of outlets: As they age, outlets can show signs of wear and tear. This can cause loose connections and can signal it’s time to replace the outlet.
To ensure your outlets are functioning, you should have them inspected by an electrical contractor.
We understand that electrical repairs can be costly. That’s why we offer financing options to our customers. Ask us for details today!
How to Properly Maintain Your Standby Generator
When your power goes out, you want to ensure your standby generator kicks in right away to avoid having an interruption in electricity. To make sure your unit is fully functional, it’s important to keep it properly maintained. Some ways you can keep your unit updated include:
- Keeping the area around the unit clean of leaves, grass and other debris.
- Checking the oil at least every month and after the unit has run for a lengthy period of time.
- Changing the oil and filter after about 200 hours of usage.
- Changing the air filter about once a year.
- Running the unit without producing electrical power for about 10 to 15 minutes. This can be done about once a week to clear the fuel lines and lubricate the motor’s parts.
- Hiring a professional to change the spark plugs, check the valves and more during his or her inspection.