Losing power for even a few hours can risk damage to your home or business, cost you money in lost groceries, and cause an inconvenience as you’re left without electricity. To avoid this, make sure you have a functioning generator at your house. Call Electric City today to book an appointment in the Katy, TX area. A family-owned business, we guarantee 100% satisfaction to our customers.
Enhance your outdoor space with new lighting. Ask us about our outdoor lighting services today!
Benefits of Installing a Whole House Generator
Power outages can quickly cause a major inconvenience for your home or business. It can leave your house uncomfortable in the absence of an HVAC system, it can cause items in your refrigerator or freezer to spoil, it can put your safety at risk, and more. To avoid these problems, it’s important to have a functioning whole house generator. Some of the advantages can include:
- Improved safety: These emit less fumes than portable generators, making them safer to have around your home or business.
- Better functionality: These units can work for hours without pausing or quitting. They can also be set to turn on specific appliances during a blackout, like the refrigerator or HVAC system.
- Start automatically: These should start on their own after just a few minutes of losing power.
- Peace of mind: A whole house generator can help you rest assured that your family and your home are safe during a power outage.
What to Know When Selecting a Generator for Your Home or business
When buying a generator for your property you have many options of various sizes, makes and models. Before selecting a unit you should consider the following:
- Determine which electrical appliances and devices you need to function during a blackout.
- Ensure the unit can work in various temperatures, including extreme heat. In the summer you will need a unit that can keep the air conditioner running to keep the humidity levels down in your house.
- Make sure the unit can keep your refrigerator running during the power outage to protect your perishables.
- Determine the total watts of electricity the generator will need to provide to decide what size of unit is needed.
- Decide what your budget is for the unit.
Do you smell burning coming from your wires or outlets? Call us today to ask about our wiring repair and installation services to keep your family safe.
Reasons to Own a Standby Generator
Not sure if you need a generator at your home or business? Consider these questions:
- Does your area experience heavy rain or severe storms?
- Do you experience power outages more than three times a year?
- Do you experience lengthy blackouts, especially in the summer heat?
If the answer to any of these questions is “yes,” then your family and house may benefit from a standby generator to help avoid the inconveniences of length blackouts.