Lighting can add dramatic and calming effects to rooms in your home or business. When you need a change, call Electric City. We can install recessed and track lighting, dimmers, and more to give your property the look and feel you desire. A family-owned business, we provide fast, dependable and on-time services to Katy, TX.
Avoid a blackout in your home or business with a generator. Learn about our whole house generatorservices.
Benefits of LED Lighting
LED light bulbs can have many benefits for your property - and your checkbook. Some of the advantages can include:
- More efficiency: LED light bulbs use less power than incandescent bulbs. This can result in lower energy bills, and also replacement costs as LED bulbs last longer.
- Longer lifespan: LED bulbs have a larger lifespan than incandescent and fluorescent bulbs. This can lower your maintenance and replacement costs.
- Safer: LED bulbs don’t generate as much heat as other bulbs, reducing the risk of burns and potential fires.
- Environmentally friendly: LEDs are made of non-toxic materials, which are safer for the environment than other types.
- More variety: LEDs come in a variety of colors, giving you more options when selecting lights and bulbs.
Track Lighting vs. Recessed Lighting
When installing new lights in your home or business, two options are track lighting and recessed lighting. Learn about the benefits of each type of light:
- Make rooms feel larger: These lights take up less visual space, which can create the feeling of a larger room.
- No hanging fixtures: Because these lights are installed within the ceiling, there is no light fixture that will hang down. This can make these lights ideal for rooms with low ceilings.
- Focused lighting: These lights are similar to spotlights in that they can be focused on specific areas, including art pieces, furniture or other features.
- Waterproof: These lights are waterproof, and therefore can be ideal for rooms with water in them, like bathrooms.
- Color options: You can find recessed lights in a variety of colors to give yourself options when selecting lights and bulbs.
- Easy installation: Track lighting can be easier to install than other lighting options. These are mounted onto the ceiling surface, resulting in a non-invasive installation.
- Variety of styles: There are many different varieties of track lighting available, giving you more flexibility when selecting a light for your home or business.
- Focus the lighting: You can focus the lights on specific areas of the room you want to light up or draw attention to.
Don’t put your family at-risk with dated or faulty wiring. Ask us about our wiring repair and replacementservices.
Why You Should Install Dimmer Lights in Your Home or Business
Adding dimmers to your home or business can provide the flexibility and energy savings you’re looking for. Dimmer lights can provide the following:
- Energy savings: When you dim the lights in your home or business, you are reducing the amount of power you are using.
- Longer life span: These bulbs can last longer because there is less stressed placed on them when they are being dimmed.
- Improve your health: Dimming the lights in the evening can help improve your sleep cycles as the dimming can mimic the setting sun.
- Improve the look of a room: Dimmed lights can make a room feel more inviting and calming.
- Cost-effective: Dimmers can be a very affordable addition to your property. Ask your electrical contractor for advice on which model will work best for your home or business