Pools and hot tubs can make great additions to your yard - for recreation, entertainment and aesthetics. When installing these outdoor additions, it’s important to make sure the electrical work is handled by professionals to avoid any safety risks. Call Electric City to install your pool or hot tub, or to repair any wiring or electrical issues at your Katy, TX home. We guarantee 100% satisfaction to our customers!
Improve the look of your yard by adding new lighting. Learn about our outdoor lighting services.
Wiring Issues You May Experience With Your Hot Tub
Wiring issues with your hot tub can pose serious threats to your family with the risks of electrocution and other dangers. Because of this, it’s important to have any wiring issues repaired by a professional as soon as possible. Some potential wiring issues you may encounter with your hot tub can include:
- Wiring short: This can occur when two wires that aren’t supposed to be touching are, or when a hot wire touches a ground wire. These issues can cause power surges and lead to your breaker tripping.
- Burned wires: This can be the result of a short in the wiring, old wiring or hot components. To identify these issues, a professional may look into the breaker box and look for wires with melted insulation or burned spots.
- Loose connectors: If wiring connections become loose the electrical circuit can be interrupted. If it’s turned on and off, it can cause the GFCI breaker to trip. A professional can inspect the connections and repair them as needed.
If you encounter any of these issues you should call an electrical contractor immediately for assistance.
Why Install Pool Accent Lights
Your pool can be the main visual feature of your backyard. Why not enhance its appearance with accent lights? These lights can focus on the pool itself, or can also be shone on features around the pool like a waterfall or stone wall. These lights can also help you put the focus on a particular area of the pool you want to highlight and take focus away from areas you don’t want to draw attention to.
Some types of accent lights you might want to consider can include: floodlights, torchiere lamps and wall sconces.
Are you in need of a new meter enclosure after your remodel at your home or business? Ask us about our meter enclosure installation services.
Benefits of Pool Security Lights
Your pool can be a place for fun and an attractive feature in your backyard. It can also pose safety risks if proper steps are not taken. One way to avoid potential dangers is to have an electrical contractor install pool security lights. These lights can make high-risk areas like steps, walkways and pool edges safer, and can make the pool area more visible to deter intruders or pests from hiding.
Two types of lighting to consider include:
- Path lights. Installing these around the pool and walkways can make the pool more visible.
- These fixtures light from above the pool area from trees or other high areas to create a soft light around the edges of the pool to enhance safety.