There can be many hidden electrical dangers in your house that you might not be aware of unless inspected by an electrician. Are you using the right light bulb wattage? Are your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors working? Do you have wiring that needs to be repaired? To ensure your house is safe, it’s important to schedule a whole house safety inspection. Call Electric City for services in Katy, TX. We offer fast, dependable and on-time services!
Looking for a quick way to give your house a new look? Learn about our indoor lighting services.
What to Expect During a Whole House Safety Inspection
An issue with your home or business' wiring system can put your house and your family at risk. To avoid these potential dangers, it’s important to schedule an electrical inspection with a professional. During these services you can expect a contractor to examine the following areas:
- Light bulbs to ensure they are the correct wattage
- Outlets to check their condition and prevent electrocution risks
- Smoke and carbon monoxide detectors to make sure they are fully functioning
- Circuit interrupters to make sure they are operating as expected
- Surge protectors to make sure they are fully functioning
- Outdoor lighting and electrical components to make sure they are working as expected
Benefits of Whole House Safety Inspections
How often do you inspect the wiring around your home or business? Or the condition of circuit breakers? Probably not often. For most homeowners, electrical components can be out-of-sight-out-of-mind until something goes wrong. To identify any potential issues sooner, it’s important to have a professional perform a whole house safety inspection.
Some of the benefits of these electrical inspections can include:
- Ensuring electrical components in your home or business are operating safely
- Identifying any outdated or damaged wiring
- Locating any potential fire hazards
- Keeping your electrical components updated for insurance reasons
- Identifying any potential issues in a new home or building
- Examining ways to save energy and electrical costs
Are your breakers tripping frequently? Ask us about our circuit breaker services!
When to Schedule Whole House Safety Inspections
Whole house safety inspections can be very beneficial to help identify potential electrical issues that need repairing, and to examine problems before they get worse. While you can schedule an electrical inspection at any time, they can be particularly advantageous to schedule during the following times:
- Before buying a new home or property to identify any electrical issues.
- When adding a new major appliance to the house to ensure the electrical system can handle the appliance, and that it’s installed correctly.
- If your home or building is older than 40 years, as it can be time to identify items that need to be replaced.
- After any major renovations to ensure the electrical system didn’t suffer any damage.
If you encounter any of these issues you should call an electrical contractor immediately for assistance.