When you have an electrical problem, you need to get to the bottom of the issue and get it fixed -- fast! Call Electric City to have an expert electrician perform troubleshooting and electrical repairs at your Katy, TX home or business. A family-owned company, we offer 24-hour emergency services to ensure your issues get resolved immediately to restore electricity -- and safety -- to your property.
We offer a full range of electrical services:
- 24 Hour Emergency Service
- AFCI Receptacle
- GFCI Receptacle
- Circuit Breakers
- Electrical Panels
- Wiring Repair & Replacement
- Indoor Lighting: LED, Dimmer, Recessed & Track Lights
- Ceiling Fans & Chandeliers
- Outdoor & Patio Lighting
- Whole House Generator Services
- Smoke Detector Installation
- Carbon Monoxide Detector Installation
- Whole House Surge Protector
- Pool & Hot Tub Wiring
- Whole House Safety Inspection
- Electric Vehicle Charging Station
- Meter Base Installation
- Commercial Electrician
Are your outlets up-to-date? Contact us for GFCI receptacle services in your home or business.
What to Expect During an Electrical Troubleshooting Appointment
Your property uses electricity to operate its appliances, heating and cooling systems and more. Because of that, it’s important to make sure your system is working as expected. It’s recommended to have an electrical contractor troubleshoot your electrical system on a regular basis.
When the contractor arrives, you can expect him or her to perform the following tasks:
- Inspect flickering lights to determine if it’s due to a poor connection or something larger.
- Check malfunctioning outlets.
- Examine breakers that trip frequently to determine the root cause of the problem.
- Inspect burned out light bulbs to make sure you’re using bulbs of the correct wattage.
Having a professional troubleshoot your electrical repairs can help you avoid any potential safety issues in your home or business.
Signs Your Wiring Needs Repairs
Hidden within your walls and ceilings are systems of wires that help your electrical system function. You might use an out-of-sight-out-of-mind approach with your wiring, but when they are malfunctioning you need professional help fast to prevent more serious problems. If you notice these issues with your wiring, you should book an appointment with a licensed electrical contractor:
- Your circuit breaker is tripping frequently. This can signal a more serious issue with your electrical system.
- Flickering, buzzing or dimming lights. This can indicate your wiring system needs to be updated to handle the demand.
- Frayed wiring. Damaged wiring can be a fire hazard and should therefore be inspected by a professional immediately.
- Warm or vibrating outlets. Feeling heat or vibrations in your walls near an outlet can signal an issue with your wiring.
- Burning smell. If you notice an odd odor or a burning smell, call a professional to inspect the wiring as it can lead to a potentially dangerous situation.
Don’t risk your family’s safety. Call us immediately for circuit breaker services.
Ways to Light a Room with Ambient Lighting
Lighting can help give a room a personality. It can make it warm and welcoming, or create a focus on a particular area, or make a statement with spotlights.
When it comes to ambient lighting -- sometimes referred to as mood lighting -- you can use it to create a relaxing and calming atmosphere.
The following types of lights can create ambient lighting:
Replaced an oversized circuit breaker
Replaced a faulty breaker in Cane Island.
Emergency electrical repair tonight kept a home from catching fire.
Installed a new circuit breaker for a customer in Katy.
Installed some outdoor plugs for a customer in Katy, TX 77449.